Saturday, August 22, 2009

For our anniversary

Yesterday was our 11th wedding anniversary! Eleven long, agonizing, excruciating ......yeah, yeah just kidding lol. So now, guess what Billy bought me for our anni?
Nothing, he didn't buy anything!
But now, don't go to boo'ing him yet lol. He didn't buy me anything, but what he did do is build me something ;) For years now, I've whined and complained about not having a porch.
So yes, you guessed right lol, he recruited a couple of his friends, and they all came together today and build me a deck/porch. Well, I guess it's for us, but I'm still gonna continue to call it mine lol. It took Billy, his friends Scott and Hal around 3 hours to almost have it completely finished! They had to go back to Lowe's and get another board, because they were one short lol. That's what they're doing right now, is adding that last piece of wood to it. While they were gone, I went ahead and took a picture for you all to see real quick. I promise to try and get a better picture of it, once it's finished and it's back to being daylight outside lol.

Billy also said that if everything works out alright, next weekend he'll be working on adding rails. I'm completely in love with "my" new deck/porch! In case you're wondering the deck is 10ft X 10ft. Truly he couldn't have given me a better gift! A big "You Rock!!" for Billy, Scott and Hal, as well as Scott's dad who came over to help out as well ;)