Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Harry Connick, JR - Your Songs


As of yesterday, Sep. 22nd Harry Connick, Jr new Album "Your Songs" went on sell.
For those of you that don't know who Harry Connick, Jr. is, he is a Singer, Actor (P.S. I Love You, Bug and many more), Composer, Pianist, Philanthropist, husband and father. Harry performs classic songs by some of the greatest musicians of all time, (i.e. Frank Sinatra, Elton John, Elvis) with a full Jazz big band and string orchestra.
Though I'm actually not a fan of big bands, I definitely enjoy listening to Harry Connick, Jr. One of his biggest strengths is in his composing. At times it really seems like he can take one of your all time favorite oldies and magically transform it into a completely new song. Although I'm sure some wouldn't agree, I actually think "Your Songs" is even better than "Only You", one of his older Cd's.
The track listing for Your Songs is :

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by)

All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
(Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So
(Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)

If I had no choice and had to pick a single favorite out of all these, it would probably be Your Song, although it really is hard just to pick a single favorite lol.
If you're a fan of big bands, jazz or of some of these oldies but goodies, than you should definitely check out Harry's new CD.

You'll also be able to catch Harry on TV over these next few days, here are some of his appearances:

9/25 – Oprah “Live Friday”
9/28 – Today Show
9/29 – The View
9/30 – Imus in the Morning
9/30 – Letterman
10/1 – Today Show
Week of 10/5 – Rachael Ray

Your Songs Deluxe Limited Edition CD/DVD package is only available HERE and features 14 standard album tracks PLUS 2 exclusive bonus tracks, "Who's Sorry Now" and "Answer Me My Love." It also includes rare behind-the-scenes footage of Harry on the road with his band and the music video for "(They Long To Be) Close To You."

And before I forget, Harry also has a facebook page where you can check him out, here.