Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BIA Cordon Bleu Mortar and Pestle Review

A few days ago, I decided to search for a Mortar and Pestle set, to help me do something with the abundance of Chiltepin peppers that I have this year.
While looking on Amazon I found the BIA Cordon Bleu 8-Ounce Mortar and Pestle Set, White
I figured at $8.49 for the set, I really couldn't loose out!


This Mortar and Pestle set is made from white porcelain and holds 8 ounces, it measures 4-1/2 inches in diameter. Has a textured surface on the bowl interior as well as on the pestle base to help with the grinding. It is also vitrified and nonporous, which mean that the set won't stain, absorb odors, or crack. My favorite fact is that it's safe in the oven, microwave, dishwasher and the freezer!
Here are some of the pictures I took today while using it. This is what the BIA Mortar and Pestle looked like with my dried Chiltepins.


The peppers after, well a few minutes of grinding lol The mortar and pestle truly worked like a charm, as long as you don't mind using a little bit of elbow and wrist grease lol.


Here is the not so clean Mortar and pestle after it's first use. Definitely note all the color from the Tepins.


And finally here you can see what it looked like after a quick wash in the sink. I really am amazed by, how well it cleaned up.


Last but not least, my finished "SPICY" Chiltepin powder and seeds.


Yes, I am definitely still in the process of clearing out my sinuses! All I can say, the next time I do this, I will definitely have to use a face mask lol ;)
Would I recommend this product to anyone?
Oh yes! For the price, you really can't go wrong here. If you're looking for a Mortar and Pestle set, that does it's job, is sturdy, wont get discolored and wont break your bank, than you should definitely give the BIA Cordon Bleu 8-Ounce Mortar and Pestle Set, White a try!