Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cats and Bamboo and Jalapeno Beef and Corn Bread Pie

I promise I'll get more consistent and better at this blog thing lol.
First things first again, my lucky bamboo wasn't quite so lucky, I found out that my cat, really loves the little green leaves on it, so I've had to doctor it up a bit and cut some of its chewed on leaves off completely :( Since i've moved my lucky bamboo Hammerhead, our evil lil' cat now seems to be eyeballing my spiderplant baby. I am not a happy camper with him lol and think before long in order to keep him and i from having war, i will have to move my plants into the bathroom!

Anyways, now that i'm done partially venting about the cat and plant mishap, on to yummier things lol.
What you having for dinner tonight? I was trying to think of something to make that would use up some of my homegrown Jalapeno's and decided to make a Jalapeno Beef and Corn Bread Pie! Yummy it smells so good. There's a picture of a couple of my lil' Jalapenos that I'm growing lol. Hopefully if i don't forget or well if it doesn't disappear to quickly, I'll take a picture of the pie so you all will get to see it too. Don't forget to let me know what you're making. And i would love some ideals of what to do with all the extra jalapenos that I'm gonna have!!




So here it is lol! My Jalapeno Beef and Corn Bread Pie! This is what it looks like whole. I would normaly cook something like this in a cast iron skillet but i don't have one anymore:(



And here is a picture of what it looks like cut. You can even see some pieces of the cut jalapeno if you look close lol. Sorry for the bad quality of photos, but my cam just decided to kill of the batteries it had in it, so all i was left with was my cell lol.