Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hiatus and dog aggression

Don't yell at me!! Please?!? Lol, here I go again, yes I took a very long hiatus from blogging for well i can't really say a few days, since it's bordering on a month lol. But I just needed a breather for a moment.
So here's a little update on my past month ;)

Billy started his new job on Monday and we're really excited about it and being that he's on night shift, this is perfect for me. I'm much more of a night owl then an early bird any day lol. So I'm sure you all will be getting lots of late night posts from me now.

Aside from that, our household has turned into an insane asylum!! Diago has decided that he wants to be dog aggressive now. He's gotten to the point were he wants to challenge our old man Titus on a daily basis now. We can't leave them together in the same room at all, and even when seperating them by rooms with doors, Diago still attempts to tear down doors just to get after him.
We never imagined he would get like this, especially since those two have been best buds, like brothers for the past four years. And it's not like he doesn't have any "upbringing". He knows better than doing it, but it's like he completely shuts everything else out, and goes into a frenzy. I've been doing a lot of reading about the doberman breed and know they can, to a point be preposition ed to dog aggression, and of course knowing that he's an unaltered male, i know that, that plays a huge part in it as well. He hasn't shown any aggression towards Billy or I, nor the other three dogs, it's just him and Titus. Don't worry of course we're working with our vet on what we can possibly do with him, first things first, Friday morning, our lil' mean man is heading to the vets office to get, neutered. The vet already explained to us, that even after that, it can take up to two months before some of the testosterone gets out of his system. And if he still doesn't stop after that, we will have to look into medicating him. I'm almost beginning to think he has a hormonal imbalance that's causing him to act this way, but we will have to wait and see. As of right now, everything is crazy. I can't talk on the phone, do anything on the computer, or anything else that makes him think, even for a second, that I've stopped paying attention to what he's doing. With Diago at 125lbs and Titus bordering on 180lbs the safest thing for now is to simply keep them separated and not give either of them the chance of getting to the other. I've already had people telling me, that I might have to look into finding a home for one of them, but I can't really see myself doing that. We will first exasperate every option available, and cross that bridge when we get there. But finding a home for either of them, really isn't an option. They're a part of the family and that's that.

Ok, enough ranting about the insane asylum lol. Other than those two major things, well, nothing much has been going on. I do have a new giveaway that I will be posting within the next few days hopefully, and I'm sure you all will be looking forward to it!!
As always, comment or email me if you have any questions or anything else that you want me to know about ;)