Thursday, September 3, 2009

Susceptible to earworms?

I've been having this one particular earworm for I think going on almost two weeks now! It seems that the jingle from the Klondike yes, Klondike bar commercial has bore itself into my head. It won't even consider letting go. All through out the day my brain keeps going back to "What would you do ..... for a Klondike bar". This is driving me insane lol, I've even started to wonder, if I just go the store and buy myself a Klondike bar, maybe it'll go away lol.
Over the years I've had quite a few earworms, that probably just by mentioning them here in a minute will bore themselves right back into my head as well. It's amazing there's room for anything else in my head.
Some of my all-time earworms include:
  • The "Baby Back Rib" jingle from Chili's
  • "Gimme a break, gimme a break" Kit-Kat candy-bar jingle
  • The song "We will, we will, rock you!"
  • and the theme song to Mission Impossible.
Most of the time for me it seems to just be some random commercial jingle that gets stuck with me. Every once in a while it's a regular song, or the theme song of some series that I watch or even watched years ago. Flipper comes to mind here lol.

I'm sure I can't be the only one out there with a song/ jingle in my head. What are some of the Jingles/songs/themes that bore themselves into your head? And most of all, what do you do to get rid of them!